I enjoy cooking and trying new things. This week I decided to participate in Alicia’s Tasty Tuesdays BlogHop! It’s a great way to find new recipes to try out.
I came across the perfect recipe for a summer treat! A peaches and cream cupcake! Yummy, yummy! I can’t wait to give this a try! I’ve been looking for a reason to bake something with peaches.
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 C peaches and cream blended into a mush (see this peaches and cream recipe) or 1 C peach jam (try to find high quality jam with lots of real peach pieces or, if the season is right, make your own peach jam)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until light and creamy.
- Add the butter and vanilla and beat on low speed for about 1 minute, or until well blended.
- Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until blended.
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth and well blended.
- Mix in peaches and cream or peach jam.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 F for about 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean and the tops are firm.
Vanilla Peach Buttercream Frosting
- 3 C confectioners’ sugar (add more until it reaches your preferred consistency)
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 t vanilla bean paste
- 4 T peach jam (try to find high quality jam with lots of real peach pieces or, if the season is right, make your own peach jam)
- Mix together sugar and butter until they are blended and creamy.
- Add vanilla bean paste and continue to beat for another minute.
- Mix in peach jam until just combined.
If you’ve got a recipe that you’d like to share or want to check out some other recipes, then head on over to A Beautiful Mess and add yours!