Cookies and breakfast aren’t two words you normally see in the same sentence. These cookies look so good that I couldn’t pass up sharing the recipe!
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 1/2 cups of white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/4 cup of whole oats (not the quick kind)
3 cups of Cheerios cereal
1 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (the higher the cacao content, the better)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter& sugar. Add egg & vanilla and then the peanut butter.
3. Sift in the flour, baking soda & salt.
4. Add oats and stir very well. Add water.
5. Add the cereal. Your batter will be very difficult to stir. That’s good.
6. Add walnuts, then the raisins and finally the chocolate chips.
7. Your gonna get dirty now. Form golf-ball sized balls out of your dough with your hands and place them on a cookie sheet.
8. Flatten your golf-balls with the palm of your head, not too much. Think hockey puck.
9. Bake for approximately 12 minutes.