It’s Monday once again. No matter how hard we try to make those two days that are The Weekend last longer than they should, Monday always seems to roll around again too quickly. There is something that I would like to talk about this morning, but I will not. I will keep my thoughts to myself on this because it is not my pain to bear. I am bearing a fair amount, but nothing in comparison. I just want to throw out this thought as something we can all think about today.
Today is a new day. Yesterday is gone. In the end, all we have is hope. No matter what it is that you are hoping for in this life. Don’t give it up.
Now… on to what I had planned on blogging about this morning.
FALL IS FINALLY HERE!! I had to close all the windows this morning when I got up because the breeze was so chilly. The local weatherman said that we’d already hit our high temperature for the day and we would only be going down from here. The low tonight is in the 40’s! I know that in a couple of months when the high is only like… 19 degrees… I’ll be blogging about how I want warmer weather, but for right now, this is perfect! We also have the added bonus of sunlight this week! It’s been like two weeks of cloudy, overcast, rainy skies for us and we need the sun around here.
I love to cook. Mostly, I’m a baker. I like to bake cookies and cakes. I like to cook other things in other ways too, but baking is what I”m good at. I like to go to Kraft Foods and Taste of Home to find new recipes. I’ve made some yummy stuff and some stuff that required an acquired taste.
I have never made a quiche. EVER. My mom used to make them. I seem to remember that hers had squash in them or some other gross vegetable. This is along the lines with goulash. What the hell is that stuff anyway?!?! Mom used to make goulash and dad used to love it. Me… not so much.
To finish reading, click the read more link.
While browsing for something different to eat because let’s face it, one can only eat so much Hamburger Helper or pork chops and potatoes, I found a quiche. What caught my attention was one word. BACON. I knew that if the kids saw the ingredients, they would never even try it. I chopped up the mushrooms, green onions, and tomatoes in the morning and then stuck them in the far back region of the fridge.
Like I said, I’ve never made one of these before. I was surprised by how simple it was. Even more surprised that 3 out of the 4 people in our house liked it. Of course, Neil had to put ketchup on it. Yuck! It was filling and made a great meal for a little amount of money.
Crustless Bacon and Cheese Quiche
What you need:
- 5 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 tomato, chopped, divided
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. each onions and tomatoes. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels. Add mushrooms to reserved drippings; cook and stir 2 min. or until tender. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon. Add to skillet with remaining onions and tomatoes; mix well.
- Beat eggs and sour cream with whisk until well blended. Pour into greased 13X9-inch baking dish; top with bacon mixture and cheeses.
- Bake 30 min. or until center is set. Top with reserved onions and tomatoes. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.