I know I haven’t been posting lately, but honestly I haven’t had much to say. I’ve been trying to keep up with everyone’s blogs, but I’ve been bad about that too. My mind has been elsewhere and I apologize.
I was tagged to do a “6 Things You Didn’t Know About Me” survey by Jeep Chick. I would have done it anyway, but today I have been thinking of her so I’m going to do it right now instead of waiting until tomorrow.
Ok, so here are 6 things that you might know about me, but some that you might not.
1. I’m not that happy. Possibly depressed. Probably depressed. But the last time “they” gave me anti-anxiety/depression medicine, I thought about how it would be if I were no longer here so I immediately quit taking them after only 3 days.
2. I have so many ideas in my head, but none of them ever come into being. Hence, all my list making. I wish I could be Martha Stewart.
3. I find humor in inappropriate situations. I guess it’s the subconscious trying to make light of a bad situation. I guess I find that laughter is the best medicine.
4. I have two brothers named Mark. (Long story.) Funny thing… one is gay, one is in prison….again… I love my life.
5. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love to have a reason to dress up. Plus, Halloween has the coolest decorations.
6. Twice I’ve been a bad friend because of my own selfishness. Once a friend was sick. I’ve never spoke to her about it. Because she is younger than me (barely!!), I have a hard time dealing with it. Because she never did anything wrong and I did, I have a hard time dealing with it. Because she is getting sick again, I have a hard time dealing with it. Once a friend lost a child. Well, she didn’t lose her. We know where she is. Physically, she’s a small box on a mantel. Emotionally, she’s a balloon in the sky, a pink cupcake, the horizon that you just can’t reach at the end of the ocean. Because I had a hard time dealing, I wasn’t there when she needed me most. I will never forgive myself for not being there for either of them. I guess that’s my own selfishness too.